Bishop Alfonso de Galarreta gave to the young priests ordained at Ecône, on June 28, 2019, on the feast of the Sacred Heart, an address that was more than a homily; it was a veritable syllabus of the priestly life, in the spirit of the Founder of the Society of Saint Pius X.
Indeed, going back to one of Archbishop Marcel Lefebvre’s spiritual conferences, the First Assistant General pointed out the essential aspects of the spirituality of the Society:
1. The primacy of the supernatural spirit so as to not to let the priestly soul wither from its contact with naturalism;
2. The preaching of true doctrine to give the faithful the nourishment they so badly need;
3. The life of prayer at the heart of Apostolic life, because Our Lord is the vine and we are only the branches;
4. The Roman spirit and love of the Church in its constant teaching, in loving the Mystical Body as Christ loved it, to the total gift of self;
5. Concern for the ecclesiastical hierarchical order which opposes a neo-Protestant secularism where priestly celibacy could be optional; and
6. Devotion to the Blessed Virgin Mary, especially to Our Lady of Compassion, intimately united to the work of Redemption brought about by her divine Son.
Each facet of the Society’s spiritual treasure—which is none other than that of the 2,000-year-old Church—will enlighten the ministry of the newly ordained, making it shine for the glory of God and the salvation of souls.
Tonight, with six new priests, the Society of Saint Pius X has 656 priests, tomorrow with the ordinations at Zaitzkofen they will have 658.
Deo gratias !